Your gmail account is an important part of your social, and work life. Each account is secured via password which is known only by the user. But, over time you have to ensure security of your gmail account. That’s where change gmail password comes in. Changing passwords are necessary to be changed in every account once in a while to ensure stronger and better security. Changing your account password once in every month is recommended for security purpose, but try not to forget the password as one can mess up the passwords when frequently changed.
Change gmail password is very easy to perform to secure your gmail account. You are supposed to follow through a few steps to change your gmail password and securing your account. Account data piracy is prone in the modern world if your account is not secure. A hacker may steal your information if your account is not properly secure and use it to gain advantage through your data. So, better stay safe than being vulnerable.
Step-by-Step Process to Change Gmail Password:
- Open gmail.com from your web browser.
- If you are not directly directed to Gmail login page, click on the Sign in button on the top-right corner of the page. Else, skip this step.
- In the Gmail login page, enter your Gmail email ID, click Next.
- Then, enter your Gmail password in the provided field and click on Sign In button.
- Once you’ve logged in to your account, click on your profile picture at the top right corner of the page and go to My Account.
- Click on Signing in to Google in Sign-in & security.
- At the right side of the page, click on Password.
- Re-enter your gmail password and press enter.
- Type in your new password and re-type your new passwword and click on Change password.
- You have performed change gmail password.
While typing in your new password, make sure you use characters such as, ‘!@#.$’, or whole numbers (1,2,3,…,9,0) to strengthen your password. Stronger your password is, more secure your gmail account becomes. Change gmail password can only be done with a computer (Windows or iOS). Mobile phones are not supported to change gmail password. You can frequently change gmail password to secure your account from being hacked. Do not share your passwords with anyone and try to perform login from your own device as far as possible.