Create Gmail Account with “Gmail” which is owned by Google free email service provided to users around the world. Along with the number of features to its users, Gmail has become one of the most popular email services. Gmail not only allows exchanging emails but also allows its users to store almost all kind of information on internet rather than computer. Gmail is a free service and anyone can use the facilities by creating and logging in with a Gmail account. The detail procedure to create Gmail account is written below.
Steps to create Gmail account on your computer.
- Open an internet browser preinstalled on your computer and on the address bar enter “www.gmail.com”. Now the Gmail sign in homepage is displayed where you can enter your preexisting email and corresponding password to login.
- To create Gmail account, on the page displayed on your internet browser click on “Create account” button at the bottom. Now on the next page you need to enter required information about you to create Gmail account.
- First of all, enter your first and last name.
- Now select and enter a username for that is suitable for you. You should choose username properly so as it is not too common because you cannot create Gmail account with a username which already exists.
- Now you need to select a password for your Gmail account to login in future. However certain criteria need to be fulfilled. Your Gmail password must at least 8 characters long. Similarly, passwords are case sensitive, hence proper caution need to be taken while assigning the password. Enter the password you would like to set.
Now on the “Confirm your password” box re-enter the same password.
- Select and enter your complete date of birth on respective text boxes. In order to create Gmail account, you must have at least reached the age 13. Age restriction may however vary in different countries.
- Your gender also needs to be specified. So, form gender drop down list, select either male or female or other.
- Select your country code from the list and enter your complete mobile number. Mobile number is required for verification of your account during sign up and during account retrieval.
- If this is your first Gmail account then it is not necessary to fill the next text box. If you already have old account, enter your email address.
- Now you have the choice to mark or unmark the “Skip this verification” option. The mobile number that you have previously entered is used for verification if you choose mark the option. In case you have unmarked the option, you need to enter the text displayed on the CAPTCHA.
- Based upon your IP address Gmail automatically selects your country. If false country is selected, from location drop down list select your country.