Google chrome, the most popular web browser might go down sometimes due to multiple reasons like your poor internet connection or virus. Whatever the reason, we will teach you to repair the browser when Google chrome won t open. Here are few ways in which you could repair it.
Try these common Fixes when Google Chrome won t open:
Close other tabs:
If you’ve opened a lot of tabs in chrome, your computer might not have enough memory to load the site. And it could lead Google chrome to stop working. So, you can close all the other tabs and try reloading again.
Restart Google Chrome:
- You can first close Chrome and then reopen it:
- For Windows: Press Ctrl+Q.
- For Mac: Press Command+Q
- Then, you can try reloading the page.
Note: If you are using a computer, you can reopen any tabs that you had opened before.
- For Windows:Press Ctrl+Shift+T.
- For Mac: Press Command+Shift+T.
- Close a frozen tab or window
- Click the chrome menu icon in the toolbar and go to Task Manager from More Tools.
- Now from the displayed list of all the tabs you’ve opened, select the one which is malfunctioning.
- Click on the “End process” button at the bottom and that tab will be closed.
Clear your cookies
- Click the chrome Menu icon and choose “Settings”.
- Select “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Under the Privacy sections, click on “Content settings”.
- Then, click “All cookies and site data”.
- Finally, click on “Remove all” to clear all the cookies which might be responsible for the problem “Google chrome won t open”.
If Google chrome won t open at all even by trying the above fixes, you can try the method below to repair chrome.
Uninstall Google chrome and Re-install it:
This is the simplest and reliable method to repair chrome which can be done in few steps. And the best part is, you won’t lose your important stuffs as all your bookmarks are synced by Chrome with your Google account.
- To uninstall chrome in Windows, open the Control Panel and click “Program and Features”.
- Find Google chrome on the list and click on it.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall” button in the menu.
- Since, you’ve completed uninstalling chrome you’ll need to download it again to reinstall it.
- Visit the Google Chrome website: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/ on your other web browser you have. If you haven’t any, you can use the built-in browser Internet Explorer.
- Click on the blue “Download Chrome” button and wait for it to complete.
- Click on the file that has been downloaded and begin the installation by following the instructions accordingly.
- Now, you can login to chrome to access your important information in the previous browser like your bookmarks and all.
- Check whether your Google chrome won t open problem has been solved.