Google mail, or Gmail, is a simple, easy, user friendly, and multipurpose email service that has been a favorite of millions. It is the most used web mail service. Google mail sign in is a easy routine procedure that is required to get to your web mailbox, view your emails or send one to your contacts. This article will guide you through the procedure to sign in to your Google mail.
A valid Google account and its password are the prerequisites before you can sign in to Gmail. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free from the Google login page. The procedure to register for a Google account is also included in this article.
Google Mail sign in procedure
Open any Internet browser, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or any other, in your computer.In the address bar of the browser, type in mail.google.com and press enter. This will take you to the Google mail sign in page given that your computer is connected to Internet.
- Then in empty field, type in your Google mail ID (your email ID) and click Next.
If the email is not recognized try reentering it correctly.
- Incase email address entered is correct, you’ll require to enter the password again. Make sure you enter your password correctly keeping in mind that it is case sensitive.
- Uncheck the ‘Stay signed in’ option if you are logging in to your Google main in a shared device. (If available)
- After that, click NEXT button to complete the procedure.
- Google would also ask you to update your recovery email and phone number incase you forget your password. Make sure you always update it else you’ll never be able to recover your email account. After updating your information click on DONE.
You should land on your Google Inbox after the procedure.
If the login fails, try reentering your password carefully.
If login fails after many attempts, there must be something wrong with the password you have entered. In such cases, use the Forgot password? link below the sign in button. Follow the instructions to regain access to your Google account.