Welcome to Sign up Gmail. Gmail is a fast growing international free email service provided to users around the world. Gmail which is owned by Google started and was available to user since 2007. With vast number of features, Gmail is one of the most popular email services to date and allows its users to store information on internet rather than computer with maximum security.
Follow the steps below to Sign Up Gmail
- Start an internet browser. Now on the address bar enter the text “www.gmail.com” and press enter. This will land you on the Gmail sign in homepage where you can enter your email and password to login.
- In order to sign up Gmail account, on the current page on your internet browser click at the “Create account” blue text button at the bottom of the page. Now on the text “Create your Google Account” is displayed on the page. Here you need to enter all of the necessary information to sign up Gmail account.
- Enter your first name and last name on the respective text box.
- Select and enter a suitable username on the username box. Take caution in choosing user name so as it is not too forgettable and not too common. You cannot have a username which already exist in Gmail server.
- Then you need to select your password for your Gmail login in future. A Gmail login password is case sensitive and must at least 8 characters long in order to be valid. Assign suitable password for your Gmail account which is easy for you to remember. I personally would recommend keeping at least one number in your password.
Now reenter the same password on the “Confirm your password” box.
- Select your birth month from the drop down list and enter your date of birth and year. However in order to create a Gmail account, you must meet certain age requirement of age 13 generally for child safety policy.
- Select your gender form gender drop down list. Select male, female or other according to your preference.
- Now select your country’s code and enter your mobile number following the country’s code. Mobile phone number is necessary to be filled for verification of your account as well as retrieval of your account in future.
- Now enter your current email address if you already have one. If you do not have old email address, it is not necessary to fill the text box.
- Now mark or unmark the “Skip this verification” option below the current email address. If your mark this option, the mobile number that you have previously entered is used for verification. If you have unmarked the option the, enter the text displayed on the picture. You can refresh the text if it is too hard to understand.
- Select your country from location drop down list. Generally, the location is already selected based upon your IP address.
Now your Gmail account is created for your use. Click on the “Continue to Gmail” button to proceed to your Gmail account.