Googlemail or Gmail is a web based email service from Google. It is one of the most used email service all around the world. On Gmail, emails are stored in Internet rather than your computer. Gmail can be a very flexible option as you can send and receive emails internationally using this service.
This article gives an overview about the steps involving on both Googlemail / Gmail sign up and sign in. First of all, we need a Gmail ID and password to be able to sign in to Gmail. And if you don’t have one then you need to create a Gmail account.
Steps for Googlemail sign up:
- First of all, open any web browser available on your computer and visit Gmail website ‘gmail.com’ or go to ‘www.google.com’ or ‘mail.google.com’
- If you don’t have a Gmail account. One must click on ‘Create Account’ link on the Googlemail login page.
- Now on this page, fill some information such as your first name, last name, date of birth and a username that is always used before “@gmail.com”. If someone already has the same user name then Google will not accept that username and you have to request for a new one. It is good to choose an email address, which is easy to remember and it is always a good practice to note down your email address.
- A password you entered should have at least 8 characters so that you can go on to your account securely. Password should be a combination of alphabets and numbers so that it is difficult to guess.
- Enter the telephone number and any other email address.
- Enter your country and click on Next
- Lastly, you need accept the terms and conditions that pops up. Scroll down unless ‘I Agree’ button is highlighted to blue. Click on it. You will now have a Gmail account of your own. You can use this account any time to sign in on Gmail.
Steps for Googlemail sign in:
- To sign in to your Gmail account, go to the official site of Gmail.
- Now you will be provided with a Gmail sign in interface.
- In the first box you will have to enter your Gmail username and in the second box you will have to enter your Gmail password. Note that the password is case sensitive.
- Now click on “Sign in” button and get Gmail account within few seconds.
It is always important to sign in to your Googlemail account securely. For this it’s better to use following steps.
Steps to sign in to Googlemail securely:
- You should always use a secured connection of https.
- The password plays a very important role to keep your account secure. So, you should never share your password with anyone.
- Your password shouldn’t be easy to guess. So don’t ever use your phone number, your family name, and your kid’s name as your password as they are easy for others to guess.
- After using the Gmail, make sure that you sign out from it. Need to log out of Gmail, go to Gmail Sign out for help.