Google Chrome update gets you new and refreshed features for your Google Chrome. You can easily update the browser in your device for free when it is made available. This article will guide you how to update Chrome in your computer as well as your mobile devices.
Google Chrome update for PCs
- First, open Google Chrome from your computer.
- Click the Chrome Menu button at the top-right corner of the Chrome window.
- If an Google Chrome update is available, you’ll find a Update Google Chrome option in the drop down menu. Click the update option.
Or, in the drop down menu, select the About Google Chrome This will show information about the current version of the Google Chrome and if any Google Chrome update is available. If available, click the Update button.
- Then, in the conformation dialogue, click Restart You do not need to worry about your tabs you have opened. The browser will save your opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts.
You can also choose not to restart right away by clicking Now now button. Your Google chrome will be updated the next time your restart your browser.
Google Chrome update for mobile devices
The easiest way to update Google Chrome from mobile devices is through the app stores (Android Play Store or iOS App Store). The procedure is similar to the Google Chrome download procedure. However, if the option to “automatically update” an app when available is enabled from your app store, Chrome should update automatically. If you have disabled the automatic update, you can always check for an update and choose to update Google Chrome manually.
- Open your respective app store from your mobile device.
- Then, search and open “Google Chrome” page.
- If a newer version of Google Chrome is available, you’ll find an Update Select the button to install the update.
- Apple users may need to enter your Apple ID and password to proceed through Google Chrome update.