At some locations; you may need to unblock YouTube to be able to watch videos. Here are some common reasons for YouTube restrictions:
- your school or workplace have blocked YouTube.
- your country has banned YouTube.
- the uploader has not made some video available in your country.
You can unblock YouTube and view the contents either by using a browser extension, a proxy browser, or a proxy website. This article will guide you through the simple procedures to bypass the restrictions.
Unblock youtube using a browser extension/add-on
ProxTube (ProxFlow) is an extension available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox that can unblock YouTube.
- Open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser in your computer.
- Go to www.chrome.google.com/webstore from Chrome, or www.addons.mozilla.org from Firefox.
- Search for ProxTube or ProxFlow extension.
- Open the extension by clicking it.
- Click the Download now or Add to Chrome button to install the extension.
- Once the extension is installed, go to www.youtube.com and videos should be available.
Unblock youtube using a proxy browser
There are different Proxy Browsers available in the web that you can easily download into your device, such as Tor Browser, CyberGhost Browser, and so forth. To unblock youtube using these browsers:
- Open one of the available Internet browsers in your computer.
- Go to www.torproject.org for Tor Browser, or www.cyberghostvpn.com for CyberGhost browser.
- Click the Download Tor, or Free Download button. Your download should begin momentarily.
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded file to install it.
- Then, open the proxy browser and you can surf YouTube unrestricted.
Unblock youtube using a proxy website
There are different proxy websites available that can easily bypass the restriction to YouTube. Some of the proxy websites are:
To unblock youtube using a proxy site:
- First open any Internet browser in your computer.
- Then, open any one of the proxy websites listed above.
- In the proxy website page you’ll find an address bar. Enter www.youtube.com and press Enter. You should be directed to YouTube page unrestricted.
YouTube Watch History – You can easily find the videos you’ve watched in YouTube through YouTube watch history. But to find those recently watched videos in YouTube watch history, you need to have signed in to YouTube. Even if you are not signed in to YouTube, YouTube improves your videos recommendation on the basis of the videos you’ve watched from the device you are using. The good thing is you can’t view YouTube watch history if you’ve signed out, however, you can delete the signed-out watch history from your device, if you don’t want such videos recommendation. Here, we will guide you to view or delete videos from your watch history on YouTube when you’re signed into YouTube and delete watch history when signed out.
How to view your watch history in YouTube on your PC:
- Go to youtube.com in your web browser.
- Click on Menu besides YouTube icon at the top right corner of the YouTube page.
- Select “History” from the menu.
- Click on the hour glass “History” icon at the bottom of any YouTube page.
How to delete your YouTube watch history on your PC:
After you’ve viewed the watch history following the steps mentioned above, go through the instructions below.
- To remove a specific video from the watch history in YouTube, click the “Delete” icon at the right side on any video you’d like to delete from the watch history.
- And If you want to delete your entire watch history in YouTube, click “Clear all watch history” on the top of the page.
- You can also click on “Pause watch history” if you don’t want the videos you are currently watching to be displayed in your YouTube watch history.
How to view or delete your YouTube watch history in your smart phone ( Android, iOS, etc):
- Launch YouTube app in your device.
- Tap the History option from the Menu icon besides YouTube icon to view your watch history.
- To remove a specific video, tap the menu icon next to the video you’d want to delete.
- Then, choose “Remove from Watch History” to delete that particular video.
- However, if you want to clear all your all YouTube watch history, simply tap “Menu> Clear History”.
How to delete your YouTube watch history even if you’ve not signed in to YouTube:
- Click on the hour glass “History” button at the bottom of any YouTube page.
- Select “Clear all watch history.”
For smartphones( Android, iOS):
- Launch the YouTube app.
- Open the Menu button.
- Tap the gear icon to open “Settings”
- Go to “Privacy”.
- Tap “Clear watch history”.
YouTube Login process explained. YouTube is a video-sharing website owned by Google that exhibits various kinds of user-generated and corporate media video. YouTube allows users to watch, upload, share and download videos. You can search and browse millions of videos and even comment, rate and make video responses to your best-loved videos and share videos on YouTube in your Facebook also. You can find varieties of videos like TV clips, music videos, video blogging, movies, documentaries, tutorials and educational videos on YouTube.
To be able to enjoy all these features of YouTube, you must first have a YouTube account and know about YouTube login. While creating a YouTube account, you are also creating a Gmail account. Your YouTube account will appear as [YouTube username]@gmail.com. That implies when you make a YouTube account, you are also making a Google+ account which is a social networking site like Facebook. If you don’t want a Google+ account, you can delete it while still keeping your YouTube account. And you created a Google+ account; you can adjust its settings in the Google+ tab at the top of your browser when you sign into YouTube. Anything you do on YouTube is not related to what you do on Google’s sister sites. For instance, anything you do on YouTube will not be visible on Google+.
Here are the simple steps for YouTube login:
- Open your web browser or a new browser tab.
- Enter YouTube’s domain youtube.com in the address bar of your web browser and press the enter key. You’ll be taken to the official website of YouTube.
- Click on the “Sign in” button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Then, add your YouTube account in the provided space.
- If you’ve signed in using another account before, it will appear in the email input field. Click “Sign in with a different account” to enter your YouTube ID.
[Note: Your Gmail ID can be used as your YouTube account].
- Enter your password.
- Finally, click on the blue “Sign in” button to complete your YouTube login.