Email accounts have become an important part for everyone’s life for sending and receiving emails from associates electronically using the World Wide Web (www). Google is a powerful search engine that also provides mailing service known as Gmail. You will need to open Gmail account in order to own a personal mailing database.
Open Gmail account is an easy procedure you need to perform. It is also important for making it unique and secure. Given below are the ways to open Gmail account.
How to open Gmail account:
Step1: Open an internet browser or simply open a new tab (Ctrl + T) in the browser you’re using right now.
Step 2: Open Gmail login page using websites www.gmail.com or mail.google.com.
Step 3: You will be directed to Gmail login page. Click on ‘Create account’ to open Gmail account of your own.
Step 4: Enter all the information that you’re asked to enter.
- Enter a valid username. If the username you’ve entered already exists, Google will suggest you new ones. You can either select one of them or pick a different username.
- Select your ‘Gender’ (Male, Female, or Other).
- Enter your mobile number. Select your respective country from the extension box by clicking on the flag.
Step 5: Enter password to protect your Gmail account.
- You can use uppercase letters, numbers and symbols to strengthen your password.
- Also make sure that your password is 6 to 12 characters long to ensure better security.
Step 6: Enter an alternative email address if you have any.
Step 7: Type in the word given in the picture as a verification in in box mentioned ‘Type the text:’.
- If you are unable to read the given text, you can listen to it by clicking on speaker symbol.
- You can also get another text by clicking on rotate symbol.
- Click on question mark symbol to know better about this system.
Step 8: Select your country by clicking on ‘Location’. Select from the extension box.