Email accounts have become an important part for everyone’s life for sending and receiving emails from associates electronically using the World Wide Web (www). Google is a powerful search engine that also provides mailing service known as Gmail. You will need to open Gmail account in order to own a personal mailing database.
Open Gmail account is an easy procedure you need to perform. It is also important for making it unique and secure. Given below are the ways to open Gmail account.
How to open Gmail account:
Step1: Open an internet browser or simply open a new tab (Ctrl + T) in the browser you’re using right now.
Step 2: Open Gmail login page using websites www.gmail.com or mail.google.com.
Step 3: You will be directed to Gmail login page. Click on ‘Create account’ to open Gmail account of your own.
Step 4: Enter all the information that you’re asked to enter.
- Enter a valid username. If the username you’ve entered already exists, Google will suggest you new ones. You can either select one of them or pick a different username.
- Select your ‘Gender’ (Male, Female, or Other).
- Enter your mobile number. Select your respective country from the extension box by clicking on the flag.
Step 5: Enter password to protect your Gmail account.
- You can use uppercase letters, numbers and symbols to strengthen your password.
- Also make sure that your password is 6 to 12 characters long to ensure better security.
Step 6: Enter an alternative email address if you have any.
Step 7: Type in the word given in the picture as a verification in in box mentioned ‘Type the text:’.
- If you are unable to read the given text, you can listen to it by clicking on speaker symbol.
- You can also get another text by clicking on rotate symbol.
- Click on question mark symbol to know better about this system.
Step 8: Select your country by clicking on ‘Location’. Select from the extension box.
Step-by-step method on this post will help you to create new Gmail account by which you’ll not only get to send and receive email but once you have a Gmail account you can also link up to other facilities which Google provides. Gmail is a free email service that Google provides for everyone to use as well as with this one Gmail Account you can connect to may services of Google like Picasa Web (photo gallery); if you have a website you can also use your same account to check your website on Google Analytics and keep track of it with Google Console Webmaster and many more services. To create new Gmail account you don’t even need to add your Credit Card number not even your Social Security Number it’s that simple.
Steps to create new Gmail Account:
- Open a web-browser or just click on File>New Window or Ctrl (Command) + T.
- Do make sure you have both the windows opened at the same time (side-by-side) so that you can see the instructions as you try to create new Gmail Account.
- On the address bar you can type accounts.google.com or Gmail.com and press enter.
- This will forward you to the page, which will look like the image below.
- Now, you’ll have to click Create an account on the top right corner of the page.
- In the next page you will have to enter all the details required, starting from your First Name & Last Name.
- After that, you’ll have to chose a unique username that will be your email address.
- Make sure that its more than 6 characters.
- Next, create a password for your account.
- And, retype it in the box to “Confirm your password“.
- Fill in your Birthday, Gender, Mobile number & your current email address (if you have any)
- You can Skip the phone verification, to do that you can do by selecting the “Skip this verification”
- Next, choose your location.
- Click on “I agree to the Google…”
- Click on the “Next step” button.
- The page that will load after will ask you to join Google + Profile.
- This you can skip by clicking on SKIP or continue by making one for you.
- Google plus is a page in/by it you can update your information about you like Facebook.
Create Gmail Account with “Gmail” which is owned by Google free email service provided to users around the world. Along with the number of features to its users, Gmail has become one of the most popular email services. Gmail not only allows exchanging emails but also allows its users to store almost all kind of information on internet rather than computer. Gmail is a free service and anyone can use the facilities by creating and logging in with a Gmail account. The detail procedure to create Gmail account is written below.
Steps to create Gmail account on your computer.
- Open an internet browser preinstalled on your computer and on the address bar enter “www.gmail.com”. Now the Gmail sign in homepage is displayed where you can enter your preexisting email and corresponding password to login.
- To create Gmail account, on the page displayed on your internet browser click on “Create account” button at the bottom. Now on the next page you need to enter required information about you to create Gmail account.
- First of all, enter your first and last name.
- Now select and enter a username for that is suitable for you. You should choose username properly so as it is not too common because you cannot create Gmail account with a username which already exists.
- Now you need to select a password for your Gmail account to login in future. However certain criteria need to be fulfilled. Your Gmail password must at least 8 characters long. Similarly, passwords are case sensitive, hence proper caution need to be taken while assigning the password. Enter the password you would like to set.
Now on the “Confirm your password” box re-enter the same password.
- Select and enter your complete date of birth on respective text boxes. In order to create Gmail account, you must have at least reached the age 13. Age restriction may however vary in different countries.
- Your gender also needs to be specified. So, form gender drop down list, select either male or female or other.
- Select your country code from the list and enter your complete mobile number. Mobile number is required for verification of your account during sign up and during account retrieval.
- If this is your first Gmail account then it is not necessary to fill the next text box. If you already have old account, enter your email address.
- Now you have the choice to mark or unmark the “Skip this verification” option. The mobile number that you have previously entered is used for verification if you choose mark the option. In case you have unmarked the option, you need to enter the text displayed on the CAPTCHA.
- Based upon your IP address Gmail automatically selects your country. If false country is selected, from location drop down list select your country.
Likewise you can also create new account with other Free Email providers like YahooMail.com